Online businesses have a special problem. There are so many places on the internet for people to go, that it is sometimes hard to get them to come to your business website. In the ‘real world,’ there are storefronts and ads on radio and television that reach people who may not exactly be looking for them. Promoting your online business can seem like an impossible task with all of the competition for people’s attention. The following list helps provide tips for online business owners about promoting their business.
1. Make a special section on your website for special promotions. This gives people an area that clearly explains the promotion and is easy to find every time they visit the site.
2. Create a newsletter. You can have a spot on your site where the customer leaves their email address to get the newsletter. A newsletter lets you show your expertise as well as gives you additional advertising.
3. Devise special programs for loyal customers. Something like those cards you get where if you buy so many coffees your next one is free. People like to get rewarded for being a good customer.
4. Create specials, like buy one get one free. Or create package deals on products that are frequently purchased together and offer a nice discount for buying the package.
5. Give free shipping. You can either do this for purchases over a certain amount or to specific areas.
6. Use your URL everywhere. If you frequent chat rooms or message boards, put your URL in your signature. The same with your email signatures.
7. Use your website links wisely. Link to pages that relate to your products. Use a search engine to find popular sites to link to. This will help boost your search engine ranking as well.
8. Try selling through auctions. Many businesses sell at online auctions and include their website in their auction pieces.
These eight tips can help you get your business off the ground and introduce it to many online customers.